Tuesday 3 July 2012

Humum Missing in Action

Humum has been missing for a week. I know it's been a week, because I measure my days by The Dogwalker. The Dogwalker comes once a week. I call this day, Day 1. There are six more days after Day 1 - Day 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7. Then it's back to Day 1. Days are measured by 2 Dinners and1 Night-Nights. Dinners 1 happens in the morning, shortly after Humum and The Frenchman wake up, and Dinners 2 in the evening, just before they go into the lounge to sit on The Sofa.  Night-Nights happens when they get off The Sofa and go to The Bedroom, telling me: 'Night-Nights. Go to Edie's Bed'.

Between each dogwalk there are 13 Dinners and 6 Night-Nights. That's how I know Humum has been missing for one week. The last time I saw Humum was last Day 1, when she was giving me Dinners 1 before The Dogwalker came to collect me. By the time The Dogwalker dropped me home, she was gone. I knew something was amiss when it came to Night-Nights and The Frenchman let me join him in The Bed, instead of telling me to go to Edie's bed. 

It's been this way for a whole week now and still there's no sign of Humum.

Don't get me wrong, it's been fun hanging out with The Frenchman. I get taken to The Pub nearly every day and he lets me share his takeaways and beer. But I miss Humum, it's not the same without her. I hope she comes back soon. I'm even starting to miss The Hoover.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Edie!

    My name is Hannah and I’m contacting you from Pedigree! We noticed you're an older dog so I thought I’d get in touch and see if you would be interested. It's completely free and there's no hidden catches, we’d simply love for you to share your experience with your community as we’re keen to see what dog owners and doggies such as yourself think of the product.

    Pedigree Joint Care+ helps to ease joint stiffness, which becomes more common as dogs get older. We’d like to send you 6 weeks’ worth of tasty Joint Care+ treats as well as a fantastic goodie bag, packed full of fun things to help keep you entertained.

    What’s more, those undertaking the Joint Care+ trial have the opportunity to attend some very special Pedigree Play Again events happening around the country in August. Take a look at the Pedigree Joint Care+ Play Again video to see what you can enjoy at the events and visit the Facebook page for photos of what went on at the first set of #playagain events in May. Search for the #playagain hash tag on twitter and you can also see all the fun other triallists are having!

    If you are interested in taking part in this trial then get in touch and I’ll send you more information shortly. E-mail hannah (at) uk (dot) pedigree (dot) com. If you have any questions – or you just want to chat about anything dog related– then I will be happy to help. Just bark them my way!

    Looking forward to hearing from you,

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface. french bulldog lovers

    ReplyDelete